Due to the high blood sugar in the system, the pancreas doesn’t create enough insulin necessary for the body. Thus, the cells become resistant to insulin.
Diabetes is one of the most common diseases nowadays. Because of how dangerous it can be, nutritionists recommend and promote a regular and healthy diet along with a much-needed exercise.
Besides, it is important to solve the most common problem, obesity and overweight.
A Healthy Diet
A healthy diet means fewer foods that contain lots of sugar, fats, cholesterol, and carbohydrates. Furthermore, people need to take precautions when taking medication.
On top of that, they have to regulate their blood sugar and weight, which can prove quite problematic.
A nutritionist called Mrs. Kamna Desai stated that people with poor blood glucose control could eat fruits if they limit how much they take.
According to research, kiwi is one of those fruits.
Facts About Kiwi
- Kiwi boosts the sensitivity of insulin in the system and helps the absorption of glucose in the cells. Moreover, it helps control blood sugar.
- It can protect DNA from oxygen damage. It contains phytonutrients, and it provides protective antioxidants. The flavonoids and carotenoids help the kiwi act as an antioxidant.
- The glycemic index in the fruit is very low (53) because of the fructose and the fiber it contains. So, it can balance blood sugar levels.
- Kiwi can help protect the heart and blood vessels because it contains polyphenols and potassium.
- Kiwi helps reduce the fats, the risk of cardiovascular disease and the risk of a blood clot.
- It has a vitamin C and A; plus it is great for our vision.
|Principle||Nutrient Value||Percentage of RDA|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g||8%|
|Total Fat||0.52 g||2%|
|Vitamin C||92.7 mg||154%|
|Vitamin E||1.46 mg||10%|
|Vitamin K||40.3 µg||34%|
|Vitamin A||87 IU||3%|
Source Officially Diabetic