7-Day Ketogenic Diet Meal Plan for Stable Blood Glucose Levels
Whatever your reasons, think about the results you’re hoping to achieve using Dr. Geyelin’s 7-day ketogenic diet meal plan.
A low-carb diet, or ketogenic diet, is a diet designed by Dr. Geyelin in the 20s. He noticed that a low-carb diet reduces the number of seizures in his patients, and that’s how he created it.
He discovered that the diet helps control hunger, reduce cholesterol levels, and control blood sugar levels. It also encourages the production of ketones in the liver which supply the body and brain with energy.
The body uses the ketones as an alternative fuel source when blood sugar is in short supply. Consuming very few carbs (which are quickly broken down into blood glucose) and moderate amounts of protein allow the production of ketones in the body.
People who’ve tried the ketogenic diet say that is helped them manage their diabetes, epilepsy, heart problems, and Alzheimer’s.
According to a study published in Annals of Internal Medicine, this diet helps improve insulin sensitivity by up to 75 percent, which is really incredible.
Nevertheless, we’re not allowed to consume sugar when following this diet, as opposed to the high-carb diet which uses it as an energy source. Here, the body uses the accumulated fat as an energy source, thus burning it.
This is excellent for those who are trying to get in a better shape, but also for those who want to eat less and still have plenty of energy.
7-Day Ketogenic Diet Meal Plan
- Breakfast – bacon, eggs, tomato
- Lunch – chicken meat, feta cheese salad, and olive oil
- Dinner – vegetables, meatballs, and cheddar cheese
- Breakfast – eggs, goat cheese, tomatoes, and basil
- Lunch – cocoa butter, stevia, almond milk, peanut butter, and milkshake
- Dinner – meatballs, vegetables, and cheddar cheese
- Breakfast – keto milkshake
- Lunch – avocado, prawns, and olive oil
- Dinner – pork chops, broccoli salad, and parmesan cheese
- Breakfast – omelet with spices, peppers, onion, and avocado
- Lunch – a handful of nuts, salsa celery, and a guacamole
- Dinner – stuffed chicken, cheese, and steamed veggies
- Breakfast – omelet with tomatoes and cheese
- Lunch – leftovers from yesterday
- Dinner – eggs, mushrooms, and salad
- Breakfast – omelet with vegetables and ham
- Lunch – a handful of nuts, cheese, and ham
- Dinner – eggs, beef steak, and salad
- Breakfast – eggs with bacon and mushrooms
- Lunch – guacamole, cheese hamburger, salsa
- Dinner – eggs, salad, and beef steak
Note: Be sure to consult a doctor or nutritionist before making any dietary changes.
What to Avoid on a Ketogenic Diet
Avoid carb foods which are loaded with starch and sugar. Some of them include rice, potatoes, pasta, and bread. Not to mention the sugary foods like donuts, candies, cakes, chocolate bars, soda, and juices.
Also, avoid processed foods.
What to Drink
Water is the best choice for those on a keto diet, but tea or coffee is fine too, as long as they use no sugar or another sweetener.
Drinking a glass of wine from time to time is OK.
Just follow this diet to experience some pretty amazing benefits for blood sugar, cholesterol, energy, and weight.